Our experienced and dedicated team of lawyers in our corporate practice are renowned for delivering practical and commercially viable advice to our clients who range from leading domestic and international corporations to small growing businesses. We advise on the full spectrum of corporate and commercial work, and our expertise has led us to being involved in many highly complex domestic and cross border transactions covering various industry sectors. We also regularly support our clients on operational compliance thereafter.
- Acted on behalf of a Hong-Kong based private equity firm on the conduct of a due diligence on a Myanmar incorporated entity in the telecommunications infrastructure sector in relation to a corporate transaction for investment into the holding company of the Myanmar incorporated entity.
- Advised a Chinese investor with a British Virgin Islands incorporated company in a project and project financing transactions of 3 mixed development projects situated in downtown Yangon, Myanmar.
- Advising a major Chinese public listed corporation on Myanmar laws for their joint-venture with 2 local Myanmar companies towards securing the winning bid for a coal-fired power plant project in Myanmar and the conduct of due diligence on the Myanmar companies as potential joint-venture partners
- Acted as local counsel for a Singapore incorporated company (parent company) in conducting a due diligence of a Myanmar incorporated entity for purposes of the proposed listing of the parent company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEX)
- Acted as local counsel on behalf of Khazanah National Berhad (“KNB”), a sovereign wealth fund of the Malaysian Government. We advised KNB on Myanmar laws and conducting of legal due diligence of a Myanmar entity in a subscription and acquisition transaction concerning the Myanmar entity’s offshore parent company.
- Advised Myanmar National Telecom Holding Company (“MNTH”), a consortium of Myanmar companies, and Star High Public Company Limited including conducting negotiations of a joint venture agreement and technical management and services agreement for MNTH and Star High as the 51% shareholder (Myanmar shareholders) of the fourth telecoms operator joint-venture company to be formed in Myanmar with Viettel Global Investment Joint Stock Company with a published investment value of approximately USD 1.7 billion
- Band 4,General Business LawChambers and Partners,2022
- Recommended,Banking & Financial ServicesAsialaw Profiles,2022